When asking for a quotation, do you feel confused why PCB price is always different? What is the real reason for PCB/PCBA price difference? Here telling you some factors as below:
1. Different PCB materials. PCB base materials, generally FR4 and aluminum. Board thickness can be from 0.2mm to 4.0mm.Solder mask can
be green, white, black, red, blue, yellow... All these will have affect on PCB price more or less. You can have a try on MOKO Technology Ltd.
2. Various surface finishes available, such as OSP, Lead-free HASL (ROHS), Immersion Silver, Immersion Gold, Gold plated.
3. Copper thickness. Generally, 18um（1/2OZ），35um（1OZ），70um（2OZ），105um（3OZ），140um（4OZ）etc.. The thicker the copper is, the more expensive PCB will be.
4. Complexities on PCB design itself, such as through hole, blind via, buried via…
5. Different quality standards required, for instance, IPC2, IPC3, Enterprise standard, Military standard. Just as you know, higher standard asked, then PCB price will also be higher.
6. Testing. For samples, usually Flying Probe test. While for large mass production, usually test jig is needed for testing. All these will make PCB
cost increase.MOKO Technology Ltd can do these for free and even can make function test jig for PCBA freely.
7. Different payment methods also will have a little effect. TT, no matter how much money, bank fee is 30USD for one transaction. While west
union and PayPal are not.
8. Quantity and Lead time.
1). Quantity is less, and then PCB/PCBA unit price will be higher. For example,SMD machine assembly,the basic cost is 255USD,so even 1pcs but its machine assembly cost still is 255USD.Because even only making 1pcs, the factory also has to do everything, which is same as mass
production. Sometimes wasted materials are even more than what 1pcs need.
2). PCB/PCBA lead time. Time is money. If you ask for making fast PCB prototype within 24hours, of course, it will be more expensive.
For MOKO Technology Ltd, generally the PCB lead time is 4-7working days if no special required time.
Now you may ask how about electronic components.Are they not the key point?Yes,of course,electronic components are really very important in PCBA.http://www.fastbom.com/, it can be helpful for you.